Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I have gone TOTEM CRAZY







































I was introduced to the Totem on a Forum I belong to. You Garden Web Garden Junkers know who you are!
So I set out to collect colored glass and this is the result of yard saling and junking for two weeks and two days hard work with no interruptions! Ok it was probably more like a week because I had to clean and remove tags and decide which pieces went to which totem and in what order, but once that was done it was all about gluing them in the correct order and waiting for them to set.
The first one is a bird bath totem the rest are juut for gazing! I really wanted a red totem but hadn't found enough to make one yet so I used Pebeo Transparent Glass Paint to embellish the base vases and then the floral plate was painted into a georgous flower. I am really pleased with the results. All of these will add lots of color to my azeala hedge now that the blooms are gone. The Greens will be a contrasting color against the Dark green foilage of the bushes. I found 96 feet of the cutest Picket border that I will use to surround the Totem Bed. I will post more pics as soon as I get it finished! ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Your totems are all beautiful. Aren't they a blast to make? I love them!

    ReplyDelete