Friday, June 5, 2009

Crop of Flowers 2009





I am teased constantly about my obsession with multiple flowers. I am always looking for the perfect flower for a particular plan and when I find one that I love I have to have as many as I can! Purple or Blue Petunias are one of them. I have added them all the way across my new front porch, (9 of them!) each hanging on its own vintage boat or barn pulley. We live in my husbands childhood home and have been slowly updating and making it our own. The porch was just finished in April. On the day of completion I was already planning. I have tried to make it feel like a living space so that we will want to spend time out there. I am certain that his Mother, if she were still here would love the improvements. We love it so much that we have decided to build one on the back of the house and screen it in. We live on a very busy highway and it is sometimes a nice thought to get away from the noise and busy flying automobiles. I have done it gotten away from the reason for this post. My obsession with the multiples. Because of the economy I was unable to feed that obsession this year so I am trying to be thrifty...Potting my own cuttings of my favorites and to my surprise have been quite successful, it is very rewarding for me and it happens to feed my obsessive personality. (I am sure this makes everyone in my family happy since it keeps me away from obsessing about them...LOL.) I will post pictures of the finished porch when I am pleased with the results! Here are some pics of my favorite flowers this year!





Clematis, Coreopsis, Petunias, Jasmine, Gerbera Daisy, Bacopa, Million Bells, Lantana, Portulaca, Multiple varieties of Sedum, Swedish Ivy, Let me think......Creeping Jenny, Gerainiums, Trailing Gerainiums, Ferns, Spider Plants, Hibiscus....I am looking for more......and would like to add more..............You can click here to see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment