Friday, June 5, 2009

Work in Progress

Okay I have been inspired by the friends from Garden Web..Garden Junk..You have all been great and if you are willing to put up with me I guess I can tolerate you all! LOL I am so very pleased to meet all of you and I hope you will enjoy and be inspired by my attempts at Junk Gardening! Here is what we have so far!


The porch just after we finished it............















And as it looks today.........................................................

I literally just took these this morning!

Here are some details.....Please excuse the mess my sweeper is off today!





That's Emma, My Grand Daughter.........
Gardener to be
She's unable to be
here today, she's working.



She will be here from time to time, she is after all Grammy's Girl! LOL






This is the seating area:



Pier One Wicker seating: 2nd hand trade for two old rockers
Cocktail table: Top is three leaves from an old round table;
frame is salvaged from a demolition.
Tea Cart yard sale $2, missing back wheels....(propped up).
You get the idea.Oh and on the tea cart.....My very own creation:






A water fountain:
Vintage Faucets from a demolition
Vintage Enamelware collected over the years
Vintage wood cabinet built by my husband
from scrap wood used in our home for ceilings
(found in the attic)


Close up View!


I crafted this in 2002 and about 20 others
for a craft fair, None sold so I gave them to family
relay for Life auctions, but I kept this one for my
self along with one other. This is my favorite, Titled: "Old Kitchen in a Swirl".







The view from the porch is a highway...

So I am trying to create gardens that distracts your eye from the speedway out there. Here is one that I have started and it continues to grow and mature. But, I keep adding hidden little surprises to find when you explore them. the garden in the background is just such a garden.

This garden is my favorite, I have moved the Tipsy Pots from Last year and changed it up a little. I will continue to move and add to it until it is what I want. But for now here are the details: Nestled under two of three white Dogwood Trees bordered by my antique Metal Head and foot board Fence, Is my Bicycle Garden and Bench and finished off with a small garden featuring a Water Pump (from Harbor Freight). Plants included, Portulaca, Swedish Ivy, Sedums, Purple Heart, Black Scallop, Bees Nest, Verigated Bougainvillea, and Blue Fan Flower. I will certainly be adding plants to my bicycle as well just working on a plan.......


Check back later ! I will post more of the porch and the other beds I have completed in the coming days! God Bless!

Do let me know what you think! I appreciate your input and ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I came over from GJ. Love all your pictures! The fountain is really cute! I love how you decorated the porch too!
    CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks great. Love what you have done with it.

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete